Tips for experiencing the spell of Seville
The Monuments in August, at night
The most visited sites, upon reservation
A fresh visit: The Santa Cruz neighborhood
Concerts in August
Modern culture in Seville
Andalusia, the 2020 destination
Reasons to boost national tourism: the destination is close
Safe Tourism Certified - Travel Tips
It should come as no surprise that at the moment when the terms and conditions of the so-called 'de-escalation' are beginning to be defined, the tourism sector is one of the most mentioned and causes the most concern. In 2019 this sector left a total of 92,278 million euros (INE data) in our economy, breaking a new record. And a study by Best Hotels Spain has already warned that hygiene and safety will be decisive factors in achieving more hires in 2020.
From the hospitality professionals themselves, a debate has been built around the way in which tourist establishments should reopen their doors. The Business and Hospitality Association of Madrid took the initiative at the time, starting to talk about a special registry, which they called the Covid Free Hotels Protocol, but the Institute of Tourist Quality has already officialized a special seal, the Safe Tourism Certified , which covers 21 tourism subsectors.
This has led to a series of protocols and guides published by the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism for the sector, with some specific recommendations for hotels , in a report prepared by the Committee of Technicians constituted by the ICTE itself in collaboration with the Confederation. Spanish Hotel and Tourist Apartments (CEHAT) and territorial organizations, chains and hotel companies such as ours, agreed with the Spanish Association of Labor Prevention Services (AESPLA), PRLInnovación, and unions. This document already includes a complete series of indications on common spaces, the reception service, cleaning in kitchens or rooms, protocols for action against infections, etc.
At Maciá Hoteles, it is still early to predict what holidays and trips of foreigners and nationals will be like in our destinations. We can confirm that we have been preparing to reopen our doors from the day we closed them, with staff training processes, implementation of hygiene protocols, special security studies for common areas -which are usually one of the attractions of our hotels in Andalusia-, among other actions that coincide with what these official guides are recommending to the sector.
Tips for traveling, if you are traveling
In the event that we are going to travel in the coming months - we will all do it again, sooner or later - we consider it necessary to assume that the world we are going to find is going to be different from the one we stopped exploring before March 15. We will have to take into account new conditions and possibilities, and in these tips we try to summarize the most important:
- 1. The new normality carries a new responsibility . That the infections do not return and that we are all safe depends on all of us following the recommendations that we already know, wherever we are, and that we are sensitive to possible measures that have been put in place wherever we go.
- 2. We have to be prepared . In your luggage add gloves, masks, sanitary gel, everything that can be extra security without thinking about buying it at the destination.
- 3. Take out cancellation insurance for flights, train tickets, reservations ... If there is one thing we have learned it is that nothing is completely predictable.
- 4. Identify with the environment and support the local economy . In the places where you go to enjoy a few days of tourism there are professionals linked to tourism of all characteristics and they are looking forward to your arrival to reactivate.
- 5. Anticipate what you are going to do, plan visits and activities . Everything that can be planned will facilitate your trip. Don't improvise.
- 6. Put patience in the suitcase and do not have very defined expectations . It is likely that part of that planning will be frustrated because some activity does not adequately manage your reservations or because there is a lack of information about spaces or visiting hours. We are all doing our best and there may be glitches. If we can help you from the reception of a Hotel Macià to make your stay more satisfactory, count on us.
- 7. Enjoy! We all continue to carry uncertainty and fear, but within the possibilities that this 2020 leaves us we have to appreciate this new time. All those who have been working these two months for our health did so thinking that we could be able to be happy again. We owe it to them! Feel free!
Follow our social networks and our blog to stay up to date with the news of our hotels in Andalusia. We are closer to see you again!
World Monument Day 2020 is celebrated at home
We are going to enrich it by reviewing the most fascinating monuments that are in the surroundings of our establishments to remember that they are still there and that we will continue to take care of them and admire them when the confinement ends.
SevilleOur Macià Sevilla Kubb hotel is a few meters from the old town of Seville, in Plaza Carmen Benítez. But if we had to choose a single recommendation we would insist on visiting the Real Alcázar of Seville , a fifteen minute walk from our door. Luckily we can go ahead and visit its online section designed for these days of isolation , including a virtual 360º view of its spaces.
CordovaThe Macià Alfaros is also located in a privileged way in the center of Córdoba, with many nearby options: La Torre de la Calahorra, the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos ... But we are going to recommend the Roman Temple which is 250 meters from the hotel, in the Claudio Marcelo street. It dates from the 1st century AD. C. and was rebuilt by the architect Félix Hernández so that these ruins invited us to imagine their original majesty. And you are going to allow us to suggest you visit our Albaida Castle , whose history dates back to an 8th century Arab fortification converted into a castle that was owned by noble families, restored in 1919 by order of the Countess María de la Paz Olalla and Single house. It is the monumental jewel of Macià Hotels! In this link you can take a tour in images .
Sanlucar de BarramedaCádiz and its entire coast are already a monument in itself ... Twenty minutes walk from the Macià Doñana you can visit the Ducal Palace of Medina Sidonia , declared monumental in 1973. You will be able to visit its magical gardens and if you approach it during its opening hours to the public you can see even Goya paintings. Not right now, of course. But you can tour in images part of this palace .
PomegranateHere perhaps we should stop longer. There are five Maciá hotels in the Nasrid city ( Condor , Plaza , Real de la Alhambra , Five Senses and Monasterio de los Basilios ) and there is much, much heritage to see. The easy thing would be to tell you where the Alhambra or the Generalife is, which is one of the main claims of our city. But instead we are going to send you to the Royal Room of Santo Domingo , a recovered space that is even earlier than the Alhambra itself, and that in a more limited space transports us to Al Ándalus with the same magic. If you want, you can get closer to the feeling of the real world with this video:
Remember that this is just a sample of what Andalusia offers the world, and that the World Day for Monuments and Sites continues with initiatives such as #patrimoniodesdemiventana with which you can collaborate.